The term “endurance race” can strike fear into the hearts of even the most enthusiastic athlete. Whether it’s a half-marathon, Ironman triathlon or ultra marathon, endurance races challenge participants’ physical and mental stamina and resilience. This week, AGOGA’s very own Swedish endurance hero himself, Kalle Kortelainen, shares his experience running the incredible Shotover Moonlight Marathon. Whether you’re an endurance junkie or not, grab a cuppa, get comfortable and enjoy Kalle’s journey, insights and learnings which can help us tackle our everyday challenges. Over to you Kalle.
Whether you’re a weekend jogger, a budding marathon runner or simply looking to improve your technique on the treadmill, there are always simple changes that can dramatically improve your running form. Who doesn’t like some cheeky coaching advice?! We know you do, so AGOGA has brought in some international expertise to help boost your running by increasing your cadence.
Sydney’s fun-run season is in full swing and this week we’ve got AGOGA’s running guru, Vee, guiding you through your running with some of her best training, nutrition and hydration advice! Although we’ll focus on getting you ready for the City2Surf and the Blackmores Running Festival, you can definitely use this advice for any running events or personal goals. Over to you Vee.
Ever wonder where fat goes when it leaves your body? According to global healthcare knowledge provider BMJ, science tells us that about 84% of it is converted and excreted as carbon dioxide, via your lungs, with the remaining 16% being converted to water and released via sweat or urine.
If you’re running this Sunday, here are our top 8 tips for preparing for, pacing yourself throughout and recovering from this year’s City2Surf. Plus all the details for our after party!
Make sure you watch the video from our international running guru, Veronica Wallington, as she takes you through the perfect warm-up and cool-down on race day.
It’s that exciting time of year again, Bondi’s moment in the sunshine, the race that stops a nation… drum roll please… hellloooo City2Surf 2013! Yep we are indeed only a few months out from Sydney’s most iconic fun run and this year your trainers have decided to go above and beyond. We’ve created a program that will help beginners, intermediate and advanced runners alike set their sights higher than ever.
Did you know music can boost your running performance by up to 15%? It’s Fun Run Season, so in honour of one of the original functional fitness activities, today we present you with 16 interesting facts about running that are sure to get you inspired to pull on your sneakers. Or at least think about it…
For those of you who train with us regularly, you’ve probably met the gorgeous Veronika Larisova, our super fit and super lean (9% body fat!), Czechoslovakian running nut! V pounds out a lot of km on the pavement every week, but, if you ask her what the secret to her lean body is, she’ll tell you it’s all about nutrition and interval training. This week V has shared a little bit of an insight into how she trains and what she eats to stay in top shape!
There’s nothing wrong with a nice, long jog. BUT, if you’re slogging it out on the pavement to get a specific result (e.g. weight loss or increased fitness) there are more effective forms of exercise.
So… you’ve made it to City2Surf week and your training’s going swimmingly (well done you!). We’re sure you’ll smash your personal best on the big day (we’re cheering for you!) but to make sure your muscles aren’t cramping up the day after the race, follow these quick-recovery tips and get back to your everyday training by Monday (OK, maybe Tuesday).