We’ve been asked about breakfast a LOT recently and it seems ideas on what to eat and how to get the job done quickly are seriously lacking. So let’s get down to business – we know you’re busy, we know you don’t have a lot of time to create foodie wonderfulness, so today we are just handing over a few super simple ideas to pop on your plate, then in your mouth.
The concept behind these dishes? We’re encouraging you to eat your breakfast nudie – not literally! Just ditch the packets and instead, add one healthy ingredient to the next, keeping things simple, clean and pretty yummy too 😉
Remember, you don’t have to eat breakfast at a set time every day – whether you get to it at 7am or 11am, it’s all good! The food industry encourages us to eat constantly but, you have the right to choose when to eat. Base your decisions around your appetite, not when you’re ‘supposed to have eaten by’.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing – we start with oats and then get our protein on… happy munching!
BREAKFAST IDEAS 101
- Chia Seeds + Soak Overnight In Coconut Milk + Cinnamon + Berries
- Cooked Oats + Stewed (Or Just Mushed) Pear & Raspberries + Dash Of Cream
- Uncooked Oats + Nuts + Desiccated Coconut + Goji Berries (Mix Together For Home Made Muesli!) + Milk (You Choose)
- 1 Piece Sourdough Or Gluten-Free Toast Or Paleo Bread + Sliced Avocado + Sliced Tomato + Drizzle Of Olive Oil + Pepper
- All In 1 Pan: 2 Eggs + Leafy Greens + Coconut Oil + Chilli (add a little cooked quinoa or wild rice if you’re craving carbs)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs + Salt + Pepper + Lettuce Leaves (Half or 1 Egg In Each Lettuce Leaf)
- Egg Omelette + Fill With Vegetables
- 2 Eggs + 1 Sugar Banana + Cinnamon + Blend + Cook Like A Pancake In Butter/Fry Pan!
- Greek Yoghurt + Protein Powder (Stir Through!) + Seeds
- Blueberries + Scoop of Pic’s Smooth Peanut Butter (just trust us)
- Half Cup Cottage Cheese + Chopped Cucumber, Capsicum, Carrot
- Leftover Proteins + Vegetables from last night’s dinner
- Wild Tinned Sardines in Olive Oil, with Pepper & Squeeze of Lime Juice
- 100g Organic Meat + Small Handful Nuts (this combo will fire you up and keep you focused all morning!)
- For the “I hate breakfast” person: green tea straight-up + a handful of almonds, or black coffee + cinnamon with a spoonful of cream instead of milk – we promise, it will get you through to lunch if you don’t have time for anything else and has a whole lot less sugar than other milky things!