The topic for this week’s live video Q&A series, where we answer questions coming directly from our community of Agogian athletes, is about whether you REALLY need to warm up and cool down before/after your workouts. Click PLAY to hear our opinion on the topic – we hope you enjoy it!
In this chat, Libby and Nic cover:
- Are warm ups and cool downs just a bonus, or integral to your workout?
- The reasons you might want to consider specifically making time to warm up
- Static or dynamic movement?
- The simple steps to go through for an effective warm up
- Mental prep – is it a thing for your everyday workouts?
- How to cool down effectively
- Why it’s worth spending those extra few minutes chilling out before you leave the gym
- Bonus tip: cool downs can boost your digestive and metabolic health too!